A couple of days ago I analyzed the news about radioactive Iodine being found in breast milk of women in Chiba, just about 30 kms from the heart of Tokyo. I had stated that Tokyo is not safe from this risk, and it brings me no pleasure but immense sadness to report today that not just radioactive Iodine, but also radioactive Cesium has been found in more women in and around Tokyo.
So the big question is, Is Tokyo Safe? And today I think we have a certain answer that is backed by solid evidence.
The original story reports it in a very soft tone, as expected in this situation where the government is censoring news as much as possible. But it is for the thinking brains to understand the true severity of the situation and make sense of it.
Here is what the official story reported
“Japan’s Health Ministry says it has detected a minute amount of radioactive materials in breast milk in 7 mothers in central and northeastern Japan. The ministry says the amount does not pose a danger to their babies’ health.
The ministry on Saturday released the results of a study conducted in Fukushima, Tokyo and other 3 prefectures in Kanto region from last Sunday through Thursday.
The ministry says breast milk samples from a mother in Iwaki City of Fukushima Prefecture contained 3.5 becquerels of radioactive iodine per kilogram and 2.4 becquerels of radioactive cesium per kilogram.
Up to 2.8 becquerels of radioactive materials per kilogram were also detected in 6 mothers in 2 other prefectures.”
And here is my analysis of this news
1) Radioactive Iodine as well as radioactive Cesium has been found in breast milk in women in Tokyo. As of April 21, we knew that only radioactive Iodine was found in breast milk of mothers around 30 kms from Tokyo.
2) As always, the government is downplaying the severity of the issue. Remember that Japan never even had an official limit to the safety level of radioactivity in breast milk. Now they compare it with the “safe” limit that they have set for drinking water and say that there is no need for concern. Well, the risk is not only to the baby drinking the milk, but very much to the mother as well. The damage is already done, and will hereon only aggravate. Both mother and baby will be continuously bombarded with radioactivity from Cesium that has a half life of 30 years. It is only a matter of time that they develop cancer and other complications.
3) Here is what Professor Nobuya Unno of Kitasato University says: “it is necessary to carefully analyze how and for how long radioactive materials will affect breast milk when mothers drink water and eat food that contain such substances.” I would say that this is a very downplayed, yet alarming, way of saying this – a typical Japanese way of not speaking strongly of ones opinions, especially against authorities.
4) They didn’t mention the details. They didn’t say how many of the women tested were from Tokyo, and from which areas in Tokyo. Nor did they say how many of them were from the other 3 prefectures in the Kanto region (which is the region that Tokyo comes under), and which were those three prefectures. Obviously they are hiding some information, or maybe I just couldn’t lay my hands on that information. If you find the details, do leave a comment below to let me and everyone else know.
5) I heard the other day that events at Chernobyl also unfolded in a similar manner, slowly and steadily. To this day the political movement doesn’t admit that Chernobyl had adverse effects on human health, though research shows us, 25 years later, that at least one million people died from cancer and other health problems due to Chernobyl. It is known that the government even back then during the Chernobyl crisis downplayed the risks serverly, leading people to falsely believe that the situation was just fine.
The golden question: Is Tokyo Safe?
From the above news, we already know that it is not safe.
Earlier on this site, I published an article: “Chernobyl survivor warns of ‘bombshell’ from Japan nuclear calamity“. I think the time is here, and we are seeing it happen already! It is now only a matter of time that more and more people develop cancer and suffer from the nuclear crisis.
Do you see another Chernobyl in the making, or is it just me and some experts from the nuclear industry who dare to speak out?
How about you, are you safe in or around Tokyo? How would you know?
Do you have the means and facilities to get yourself tested?
This is one news that everyone should know! I request you to send it out to your friends in Tokyo so that they can take informed decisions about their future. God bless, and keep safe!